Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 45


I seem to be posting every 3 days :(. I’m trying to do at least one a day, but life and school are getting in the way. Anyways, I HAVE COMPLETED THE GRADIENT!!!. I used Kiss Express True Black dye to finish it. I dyed the back section of my hair, parted from the top of my ears meeting in the middle.
I have to say I LOVE the results, and especially since it was $3.99 at the beauty supply store. It was A LOT, and I really really stress this, A WHOLE LOT messier than usual dyeing kits I’ve used. The kit was tiny and included a little bottle of the dye powder, a tiny measuring cup, plastic gloves (I usually use my own), an application brush the container for mixing held all these things. The instructions included direction for mixing 1/4th and 1/2 of the powder, but it’s really difficult to measure so I just mixed the whole thing. The instructions said to mix the powder until its consistency is like a paste, but a watery gelatinous glob is as close as you’ll get to paste. I used Vaseline along my hairline, ears, neck, and cheeks (I really did not want any staining). The gloves they provided were good for mixing, but from experience powder-free vinyl exam gloves work best. I’ve used them with perms (when I used to), henna, dyeing, etc. in the past and maybe it’s my aversion to the latex smell, but I like them a lot better. I didn’t want to mess up any of my larger towels so I used a white hand towel (big mistake!), but I should have used a large towel because it really was messy. The little brush applicator added to the mess. The consistency made it plop-n-drop everywhere at times. Whether using fingers or the brush just be careful. I seriously got the mix everywhere; on my cabinets, the door, the wall, my sink, both rugs, the floor, the mirror, the toilet, need I go on?. I would add a picture if I wasn’t ashamed of how much of a terrible mess my bathroom is. The application start to finish time for the section I did was about 10 minutes. The miniature size of the kit/tools made it take so long. I kept it in for 25 minutes after all the hair was saturated with dye. I wanted it to be as dark as possible. To rinse I used the spraying attachment in my sink I didn’t want the dye to run and possibly darken the blonde and red i have further forward. I then co-washed with a little shampoo in the shower, and used Aussie 3-minute deep treatment. This whole process took 2 hours. If I had to rate the dye I would give it 3 out of 5 stars. ***.
image
image
the black vs. dark blonde aka darkest vs. lightest. 
image

No comments:

Post a Comment