Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 19


Fun fact: I do search & destroys, term coined by Curly Nikki, (taking shears and going through your ends to find/search and clip/destroy split ends, or single strand knots) quite frequently. I keep shears at my bedside table and try to get out the single strand knots which I get frequently because of my 4a texture in the back of my head. When my hair is straightened (as it is now and will be for a few more days) I do it even more so that is currently happening a lot since I’m doing midterm papers. 
I am anxiously awaiting when my hair is long enough for me to be able to see and trim the ends from the back of my head. I’ve got 6-7 months to go (GAHHHHH!) I have become OBSESSED with doing this because I have only just (with the hair coloring) begun to get my end trimmed regularly just because I don’t trust any hairstylists where I am. Doing this at least keeps them in check. I don’t try to trim anything evenly, I just clip the knot/split end of each hair.
I find that the best way to see them is to put the hair section in front of a white computer screen (an empty word document, I’m supposed to be doing 3 papers lol), or a white wall with a lamp nearby. 
image

No comments:

Post a Comment